(4) Nuttin’ for Christmas vs. (6) I’m Gonna Put Some Glue ‘Round the Christmas Tree (So Santa Claus Will Stick Around All Year)
Proof that you agree with my hatred of adults singing like children, this annoying and unfunny Stan Freberg tune has managed to stick around. Can it move on to the Egregious Eight?
It’s going up against THIS song where an adult sings like a child. What’s worse—a dumb title or an annoying voice?
(8) What Can You Get a Wookiee for Christmas (When He Already Owns a Comb) vs. (4) Nuttin’ for Christmas
Of all the round 1 match-ups, this one surprised me the most. Seriously, you all hate this Star Wars novelty song more than those chipmunks?
This one on the other hand didn’t surprise me at all. The only thing that could save this song is if it was about a squirrel.
(6) I’m Gonna Put Some Glue ‘Round the Christmas Tree (So Santa Claus Will Stick Around All Year) vs. (7) Monsters’ Holiday by Bobby “Boris” Pickett
Why do you need a whole song built around this stupid pun? I hated the hippo song more, but I get why this moved on.
This beat the Barking Dogs Jingle Bells. You guys must really hate the “Monster Mash.”
Novelty songs are a strange part of society, because even if a song is funny the firs time, no one’s laughing the 100th time. Somehow, these make an appearance every holiday season and they just aren’t funny anymore (if they even were to begin with).
(1) The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late) vs. (8) What Can You Get a Wookiee for Christmas (When He Already Owns a Comb)
This speeding-up of voices was groundbreaking technology in the 1950s, but that didn’t make it any less annoying then. For some reason, this still gets regular airplay, and the Chipmunks are still a pox on our society. Please, someone explain this to me.
Is there something worse than a Star Wars Christmas album? Um yeah, obviously, a Star Wars Holiday Special…. and also The Phantom Menace.
(4) Nuttin’ for Christmas vs. (5) Snoopy’s Christmas
I hate songs where adults try to sound like children. They are downright creepy, and this is no exception. Did anyone ever find this funny?
Did “Snoopy vs. the Red Baron” need a sequel? If so, why did it need to take place around Christmas? Because nothing says “Merry Christmas” like a little war? Yes, there’s a truce, but we all know they’re gonna try to kill each other again the next time.
(3) I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas vs. (6) I’m Gonna Put Some Glue ‘Round the Christmas Tree (So Santa Claus Will Stick Around All Year)
So I always thought this was another “adults singing like children” song, but apparently singer Gayle Peevey was really ten years old when she recorded this. Poor girl.
DUMBEST. TITLE. EVER.
(2) Barking Dogs Jingle Bells vs. (7) Monsters’ Holiday by Bobby “Boris” Pickett
The only explanation I have for this song is that it was recorded as a torture device for the military. I can’t imagine even the most devoted dog person thinking this is cute.
They let the “Monster Mash’ guy record another song… or the same exact song over again, just Christmas instead of Halloween. In this one, the Monsters take over Christmas… you know, it’s basically just The Nightmare Before Christmas. Ultimately, it’s prophetic but familiar. That Karloff impression got old fast.
You’ve got 24 hours to vote for the worst!